Sunday 26 August 2007

Idle

I was idle for the whole day. Man, it was pure bliss. I haven't been feeling this relaxed for such a long time.

Yeah, I know. The idle mind is the works of the evil. Or something like that.

Just so you know, I'm not evil. But I love being bad at times. You see, there isn't much difference in being good or bad. If you're good, people take advantage of you. Sure, some people may like you for being good; but honestly, how many people would love a goody-goody two shoe? Being bad isn't that bad after all (pun unintended). You get the respect you need, you don't get stepped on by others, and people will actually like you. And you get lots of friends. And you don't get caught doing bad stuff. Really. If you're not pure evil, nobody actually cares about catching you. Of course, unless they hate you. That's where the tricky part comes in.

It's actually pretty easy to handle your enemies. You could counter their attacks by exposing their bad deeds if they so much as to dare to interfere with your plans. What if they are nice people who don't do bad stuff? you may ask. Well, you obviously missed a point here. If they're really good people , they wouldn't hate you now, would they?

Alternatively, you could make them one of you. Or make yourself one of them. Either way, it's a win-win situation. Its good to have more people on your side anyway.

Or, if they're too much of a threat, just kill 'em off.

Just kidding.

Anyway, back to the main topic. Being idle. Yeah, my mind was pretty much blank for the whole day. I woke up this morning feeling awfully sleepy. Bleary eyed, I stumbled to the bathroom for a nice long hot shower. Man, that was good. All I could remember was the warm water on my back. And the sweet smelling strawberry flavored body shampoo from Body Shop. Pure bliss.

Then, off to church. It went pretty fine. We shared about putting our leisure time to good use. So that our leisure time wouldn't go to waste; so that we could spend it doing something meaningful. Interesting. I always learn something at church. It's good therapy and it helps clear my mind.

Then, lunch. As usual, I wasn't really hungry (I dunno why, I'm never hungry nowadays) but I forced the food into my mouth all the same. My parents, especially my dad, would ask me tons and tons of questions if I so much as did something out of the ordinary. For example, not eating when it's meal time. I'd rather torture myself with food than to endure the endless questions.

"Why are you not hungry?"

"Did you eat anything earlier?"

"Are you feeling unwell?"

"if not, then why aren't you hungry?"

"Are you sure you didn't eat too much for breakfast?"

And it doesn't stop there. After a few hours, my dad would tell me he is going out and would ask if I wanted anything to eat. "No," I'd say, but he'd buy the food anyway.

"Eat a little, because you haven't eaten anything at all."

Didn't I tell him I didn't want any food? Why did he buy it then?

When this happens, I either force myself to eat a little, or I insist on not eating at all.

I keep diverting from the main topic. Being idle.

After lunch, I sat in front of the computer, watching Ichigo 100% on crunchyroll.com.

And that is what I have been doing up till now.

I have class tomorrow. Further math. Damn.

No comments: