Sunday 2 March 2008

I lvoe my job.

"I love my job. I love my job. I love my job. I love my job."

-Emily Charlton, The Devil Wears Prada-

At times, I almost find myself chanting the mantra to myself as well.

I refuse to admit that I'm getting bored of my working experience. I mean, I love my students so much. Why would I ever think of quitting? I enjoy teaching my students. I take pride in knowing that I have at least done my part in providing them with knowledge, in preparing them for their future. I love joining them under the scorching sun in the field during sports practice. I love giving them homework and then correcting them, because this way, they'll learn from their mistakes. I don't care if they only have a few pages of assignments but at the end of the day, I'll have three whole piles of them to correct. I don't care if I have to occasionally lug home tons of heavy books, to find myself correcting them till the wee hours while the students who wrote them are already fast asleep. I enjoy deciphering the sometimes impossibly illegible hand writings and giving myself a migraine while squinting my eyes at them. Most of all I JUST LOVE IT when I have to patiently explain the route of the blood flow three whole times while the student still stares blankly at me. Oh, and also when I actually explain the details (and even slipping in the answers) and they still give the wrong answers in their homework.

I do wonder at times. Are all school teachers like bionic people or something?

On Friday, directly after school ended, I came down with the flu.

Great way to start the weekend, huh?

Besides that, my life is beginning to get a little mundane. I can't think of anything interesting to blog anymore, because most of my time is spent at school. Unless I blog about the blunders and stupid things my students do (which obviously I won't because that doesn't seem like a very nice thing to do), I can't think of anything else to blog about.

So, please excuse me if my blog entries are getting shorter and more rare.

Oh, yes. Yesterday, they had this staff development thingy and we had to go to school on a Saturday, when all the students are obviously enjoying themselves at home or still snoring away.

Mr. Sebastian taught us teachers how to create our own website and to set questions on the site. You know, like a learning site where students get to do their revision online.

And it was the very first time I was the one being a teacher to my 'classmates'. It felt a little weird teaching those who taught me just a few years back. Imagine your school teachers asking you something and you actually had to explain to them ad teach them.

Not that I hate it or anything. It's nice to be able to communicate with my teachers in another way, other than asking them about academic stuff and all.

I've got lots of other stuff to say, but obviously I can't say them here for fear of getting sacked.

Why can't Blogger allow us bloggers to censor parts of a blog entry or to limit a certain blog entry only to specific people?

You know, like requiring the reader to type a password if they want to read about sensitive issues and such.

And of course, I'll only give the passwords to people whom I trust.

No comments: