Wednesday 17 September 2008

Patriotism

Many of us, at one time or other, has definitely thought of migrating out of Malaysia coz "Malaysia's government sucks!!", "Malaysia has low efficiency!", "Malaysians are stupid and rude!", or "Malaysia's culture is too conservative." And so on and so forth.

I have always thought of migrating whenever I get the chance.

I'm now out. Out of "useless Malaysia", into a "better, more advanced country".

And I miss home.

Yes, I miss my home. My country. My birthplace.

When I was younger, I'd hear of Malaysians overseas (especially in more developed and advanced countries) saying that they miss their home, they can't wait to be back, it's good to be home, etc. I've always thought they were shallow and stupid. I mean, who on earth would want to go back to a kampung when they've been to the city?

There are some things you'll have to experience yourself to truly understand it.

Of course, it'd like damn freaking weird to see me being so patriotic and never in a million years would I expect myself to say this but...

I miss my country.

I wanna go home.


P.S. : Of course, I'd still rather work in Singapore once I graduate, coz the pay here is higher and there are less "stupid Malaysians".

=)

No comments: