Saturday 30 May 2009

my apologies

"It is a good rule in life never to apologize. The right sort of people do not want apologies, and the wrong sort take a mean advantage of them."
-P.G. Wodehouse, The Man Upstairs-

Is it my fault if your self-esteem is too high to accept people's polite criticisms?

Is it my fault if you were too haughty and vain to accept my sincere apology?

I just just giving my honest opinions in a very polite manner - if you don't accept it, fine, but did you have to allow it to offend you so much?

Like, seriously, I thought in order to improve, you'll have to accept criticisms as a form of encouragement and lesson to improve rather than just being offended by them.

As a friend of mine just told me, "Those who cannot accept criticisms will never go far in life."

Be happy, friend, I'm giving you credit for this, *grins* though I'm not sure if you want your name to be published.

Mama taught me to be polite and honest (and I was, wasn't I?); I don't see why I could have done anything wrong then.

Just because I gave you a criticism, doesn't mean I'm saying I'm better than you, so please stop accusing me of saying things I did not say, for e.g., I am better than you.

It's like criticizing a movie; saying that the director isn't good enough, the sound effects aren't great, the actress isn't talented enough, etc. Are you saying that you can be a better movie director than him then? A better actress, maybe? No. Well, that's the same here. Just because I said you're not that good, doesn't mean I'm claiming myself to be better than you.

I just hate it when people take my words and give it a whole new meaning.

I should stop ranting now. I guess I was feeling a little upset and guilty (note, offended people. I was upset and guilty, if that makes you happier) that I'd offended some people, but then I've apologized very sincerely so if it still isn't accepted, so be it.

Life goes on. With or without them.

No comments: