Sunday 24 May 2009

talk to me.

"Talk isn't cheap; it's just an illusion caused by the fact that too many Casanova guys are generously giving it out to pretty girls for free."
-Rae-


As the old saying goes, 'talk is cheap'.

As far as I'm concerned, it ain't.

"You're beautiful."

"You mean the world to me."

"You're amazing."

"I love you."

These are only a few of the many talks I would buy.

Call me naive, call me gullible, for all I care.

Talk isn't cheap; they're beautiful, warm, and comforting words which help people when they're down, and I'd really appreciate it when somebody actually takes the effort to say them to me. An aid to physical and emotional intimacy, words can sometimes help maintain that great friendship, or a relationship you truly cherish.

Talk isn't cheap, because I know how to use it.

Talk isn't cheap, because I know they affect people greatly.

Talk isn't cheap, because when it comes from the bottom of one's heart, it can do as little as making a sobbing child laugh, or it can do as much as changing a person's entire life.

Talk isn't cheap, because I have experienced it. I know it.

Talk isn't cheap.

It just ain't.


No comments: