Saturday 12 September 2009

Uni life: misc

One morning, as Gregor Samsa was waking up from anxious dreams, he discovered that in his bed he had been changed into a monstrous verminous bug. He lay on his armour-hard back and saw, as he lifted his head up a little, his brown, arched abdomen divided up into rigid bow-like sections. From this height the blanket, just about ready to slide off completely, could hardly stay in place. His numerous legs, pitifully thin in comparison to the rest of his circumference, flickered helplessly before his eyes.
-Metamorphosis, Franz Kafka (page 1, para 1)-

So I promised some photos. Here they are.

1. Spaghetti cooking session by Little Grass
Carbonara sauce.

Me with the spaghetti sauce.

Wai Hon being sexy.






Salad!


Uncle is frowning coz his nuggets can't be cooked.





I can explain this: for some reason or other, I can't swallow grape skin, so I peeled a couple for myself.


Grape I peeled!



2. 11 months: Choc fondue!!!



Don't shy shy...


3. Bugs. XD

So here's a picture of a beetle I drew; it's supposed to be Gregor Samsa (from the book Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka) who apparently finds himself turned into a gigantic insect when he awakens one morning from his bed. That's him with his blanket slipping off his body because of his oversized fat abdomen.

Here's Kevin's version of Gregor the bug:
I've just finished a 1000 word essay (yes, its a freaking assignment *sigh*) on Gregor's transformation. *applause*

P.S.: It's so not a good idea to blog about food when one is starving.

No comments: