Saturday 16 January 2010

Prison break! In the technical sense.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
-Arthur C. Clarke-

I jailbroke my iPod Touch!

First, just some common msconfig stuff, then some PSP, then PS1 emulator configurations, and now, this.

I have to say, I am getting better and better at being techy, no?

I'm not bragging, but I'm super, super excited about the fact that I can now do technically anything I want with my iTouch.

*hahahaha I just noticed the pun; unintended or not, it's there and I'm feeling proud.*

Well okay, not technically anything I want, but at least technically anything most people could imagine running on an iPhone/iTouch.

Back to point. I'm not bragging about my tech skills, I know most can do better, like the guy who actually created this jailbreaking program for other noobies like me to use.

Thanks, Geohot!

I just found out that I can actually run NES, GBA, and even PS1 emulators on my iTouch. All of a sudden, it's like I don't really need my PSP that badly anymore!

I wonder why some people still carry their GBA around. Get a life, and get a PSP or iTouch, for goodness' sake! You can still play GBA games, while enjoy other better stuff too.

Of course, you'd have to consider the fact that GBA are for kids whose parents don't wanna spoil them with 'spensive and complicated stuff like... you know, adult toys.

In the non-sexual sense, that is.

Speaking of PSP, I HAVE to get that new Final Fantasy Dissidia game.

*omgomgomgomgisowantit*

Okay, so maybe I do still need my PSP. More badly than ever, I should think, once I get my hands on Dissidia.

It's a pity my version of PSP is so last years, what with PSP Lite and then the latest new PSP-whatever which allows you to slide the screen upwards, which I think is silly, plus the new design is so ugly, it reminds me of some fake China-manufactured cheapo handheld video game device.

Pretty much like the fake iPhone I saw selling at JP for only $300 or so. No offense, but I happen to prefer the real deal.

Is it my fault that I'm owning the oldest version of almost anything, because I bought them much earlier? Like how I'm having the old, huge and heavy version of PS1 and PS2, while other kids are happily gaming on their light-weight, more compact consoles.

My PS1 and PS2 consoles were broken eons ago anyway, and my dad got my bro a new PS2.

Gahhhh.

Stupid companies keep coming out with newer versions of stuff, while I'm left with my ancient, oldest version of PSP.

It's just a pity most of my girl friends don't understand my addiction and passion towards tech stuff and video games. Hey, it's not like I'm playing stuff like WoW, DotA, L4D, CoD, etc etc etc.

Of course, if I do manage to get a Macbook (small, compact, yet sky-high specs) by end of this year, I will consider trying L4D. It looks like fun.

Last but not least, here's a screenshot of my current desktop:

Notice the bible and PSP lying on my desk, posters on my wall. Realistic, huh?

P.S.: I almost forgot. Here's the link to downloading the jailbreaker.

No comments: