Monday 25 January 2010

Sent - o - sa

To many people holidays are not voyages of discovery, but a ritual of reassurance.
-- Philip Andrew Adams

Second week of semester has passed, and I think I'm doing better this time.

At least I'm not that left behind in tutorials.

I think I'm taking up a new hobby: Sewing.

Yes, really. When I was younger, my grandmother sewed a lot, and I'd watch her and learn. She didn't teach me much, I mostly learned solely by watching. Of course, there were times when I'd mess up and then she'd help me out a bit.

I used to like to sew a lot; I'd sew clothes for my stuffed animals, tried (in vain) to patch up any ruined clothes, sewed myself a skirt and bag (those were school projects, though; not sure if it counts), did cross stitching, even patched up the holes in my school shoes.

Along the way, the fun side of a teenager's life began to dominate and sewing became, well, boring.

I've recently taken a liking to sewing again, and would you know, my skills aren't that bad after all.

Here's my hand made Ipod pouch:

Yep, it's jailbroken. =)

Backview.

I even added this extra strap behind to attach my earphones to it!

Am currently embarking on a cross stitch project, will upload it when I'm done.

Yesterday, Kevin and I were just wondering where to go on a beautiful Saturday, when we decided to go to Sentosa.

Hey, why not? It's not everyday we make impromptu decisions like that. I think it's kinda adventurous to make unplanned trips sometimes.

We took some pictures:

Kevin promoting his Nutri Tea drink.

Me promoting apple juice.

Should have photoshopped my legs before uploading, but it's 1.30 a.m., and I have a 8.30 a.m. class tomorrow.

Guy model.

Girl model.

Auu...













Believe it or not, the entire trip to Sentosa only cost $3. That's the entrace fee + train service to and fro from the island.

We didn't go for the rides, but we did have lots of fun just walking around exploring, plus, I learned that seaweed isn't a Plantae, it's Protista.

Also learned that there's this weird spider which looks like the red dangerous Kerengga ant, except that it's got 8 legs instead of 6; that way, it's predators might mistake it for a dangerous ant and the spider won't get eaten that easily.

See, it was a fun + educational + almost free trip.

Of course, after sweating a lot, feeding blood to 9 mosquitoes, itching all over, and getting awfully tired from walking under the very hot sun, I think I'd rather go back to good ol' shopping.

P.S.: Gahhhh I can't un-italicize this!!!!!!!!! What the heck is wrong????

No comments: