Sunday 8 August 2010

we thought it'd be nice to fly a kite.

A diplomat is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip.
-Caskie Stinnett-

I've just shifted into my new room (single, with air-cooler, $500 a month) @ Bukit Batok yesterday. These few days have been hectic. Crazy hectic. Like, busy, but fun. Gah. I don't know what I'm talking about.

Currently blogging on Kevin's laptop - we have decided to temporarily exchange laptops for an indefinite period of time - coz Kevin has to bring a laptop to work everyday, and my 2 kg Toshiba is much lighter than his 4 kg Acer. At least now I get to temporarily use a laptop with better specs. =)


Yesterday was, like, crazy. We  (referring to Kevin and I) packed, called a cab, and moved half of my worldly things (the other half still in NTU storage =.=) in to my new room. Just after 1 month of shifing into NTU, I have to move out again. I have a feeling I'm going to have to move again real soon. Can you believe it - it's only August and in just this one year I've moved 3 times already, and stil counting.

Great year this is.

The owner of the house are pretty nice people, though. So no worries, I guess. I just hope I don't get too used to staying here and decide not to move back to NTU.

Anyways. *I have noticed that I use the word ualmost in every blog post. I have tried to avoid using it this time, but I guess I failed :/*

So after I put my stuff in the room - didn't even unpack yet - I rushed off to church, and was 30 minutes late. zZzZzZz

Hectic, no?

Watched Phua Chu Kang The Movie with Kevin after church. =)

*xoxo*

Oh, right. Before that. We did something awfully stupid. Something you wouldn't ever dream that a university student would do, but we went and did it anyway.

Well, it's kinda a long story. You see, we had planned to go to ECP the next day, and we thought it'd be nice to fly a kite. We saw a pretty one in the arcade, but of course, it being an arcade, we couldn't buy it with money, instead, we had to redeem it with JP's (Jackpot Points).

The kite cost 1 JP. Sounds cheap? Not.

What, exactly, are Jackpot Points, you may ask.

You see, arcades are actually deceitful places, where you are tricked into thinking you're having fun, when you're actually just giving away money for free.

So, how do you earn JP's?

There's this machine where it has double platforms over flowing with candies. The platforms move in such a way that if there was any extra candy poured onto it just at the right timing (which is pretty unlikely), the platform would push the overflowing candy overboard and then the falling candy would hit a button called the counter. You'll have to use a scoop to scoop the candy and pour it onto the platform. Each attemp to scoop will cost $1.

Once the counter is hit, there would be flashing characters, namely, 1, 2, 3, and JP. The flashing slows down to a halt, and whichever number is flashing when it stops, thats what you're gonna get (usually you'll just get a 1 - fat chance you'll get the JP). If you get the JP, you automatically earn one Jackpot Point. However, if you get 1, your bar will move up a notch. Get a 2, the bar will move up 2 notches. Fill up the whole bar (15 notches), and you'll earn one Jackpot Point. As an incentive, for every 5 notches you earn, you get a whole bunch of sweets.

Which means, for every dollar you spend, you'll have to have a 100% accuracy of hitting the counter, and then you'll at least have a chance at earning 1 JP at $15, which is, mathematically speaking, virtually impossible.

After $12, we only got up to 5 notches. Needless to say, we didn't earn that 1 JP, neither did we get the kite we hoped for.

At least we won a whole bag of Very Expensive Sweets. And then, we went for said movie.

I know. This is by far one of the dumbest things I have done in my entire life.

Lets put it down in record, and then maybe if we look back on it a few years later, I might actually get amused at my own stupidity.



***

Went to ECP today. Cycling with Kevin!!! My legs and ass hurt. =( Didn't manage to take any photos, though.

After that, window shopping at Suntec, and dinner at Geylang.

It wasn't the best day ever, but in the end I guess it turned out pretty fine. A whole day of adventure touring the less visited places in Singapore with dd was pretty exciting, a day I will look back and reminisce upon.

P.S.: Sorry, I know blogging about outings without pictures are a tad too boring, but you know I'm always lazy when it comes to taking photos and uploading them. Especially uploading them. Going to play Machinarium now. Nights. =)

P.P.S.: Seriously, it's a really cute game. Go to Google images and search "Machinarium". You'll like it. Here's one to give you the motivation: 

No comments: