Friday 22 October 2010

lightning never strikes the same place twice, but your electronic device can get drowned twice.

Remember my Tamagotchi I bought few months back?

This one?

Mine's the white, with Kuchipatchi (the green character)


So anyways, as you can see, each Tama-Go (that's the name of this Tamagotchi edition) comes with a faceplate (which is changeable; I'll explain why later) and a figurine which can be attached to the top of your device.

Upon purchase, you get a default figurine and faceplate, however, you can buy extra figurines and faceplates at $11 each. Each figurine unlocks more games on your device (Bandai's smart but evil way of extorting cash out of poor innocent Tama fans like me) and lets you buy even more items. The biggest catch is that if you have connected up to 5 figurines on your device, you get a special secret surprise.

Well, at the time of purchase, I scoffed and told myself I'd never fall for Bandai's evil plans to extort even more cash than I have already spent on the device alone ($49.90).

1.5 months later, I was strolling along the aisles of Popular bookstore when I saw this:

OMG VIOLETCHI IS SUCH A CUTE FIGURINE, PLUS, THE FACEPLATE IS PINK!!

I just had to have it.

For goodness' sake, it was PINK! PINK, I tell you! How could I resist???

At the time, $11 didn't seem like such a huge amount anymore.

Bought it instinctively, and attached it onto my tama right away.

From plain ol' green guy...
To this cute thing!

You can see Kuchipatchi lying at the back.


 I'm officially addicted to collecting Tama-Go figurines. 

While Googling, I came upon this website.
Custom faceplates!! Now, I can save the trouble of measuring my own dimensions. I can just download a template, PhotoShop it to my own liking, and VOILA! My very own custom made Tamagotchi faceplate!!

Today, at work, my boss saw the tama on my table and he was like "what's that?" 

When I told him it was an electronic pet, he was like "electronic what??"

So then I explained, and he was like "Wasn't that popular 10 years ago? Is it still popular now?"

And then he was so intrigued that he asked to have a look at it. 

Lolness. My boss is cute. =)

***
MY IPOD TOUCH IS FINALLY HERE!!

This is the 3rd iPod Touch I have owned in 3 years, coz well, my previous two went for a swim and never survived.

Know the saying "lightning never strikes the same place twice"?

Apparently, it doesn't apply to electronic devices; your iTouch can get drowned twice.

Don't think it'll happen thrice, will it?

My lovely, precious iTouch. 

So far, have spent $1500 just on buy iTouches.

***

Transparent iPhone4!!!
Randomness. LOL.
***

The Astronomical Society went for a star gazing trip to Pulau Ubin last weekend. Was really fun and educational, but damn exhausted.

 Spent all night looking at stars - I saw the Orion constellation!!!

We were supposed to see the Hartley comet, but the sky was too cloudy that night. =(

Made a few friends - stayed up till 4 a.m. chatting and star gazing.

Slept at 4 a.m., woke at 6.30 a.m., just in time for the picturesque sunrise.

Photo of the sunrise:
Don't expect gorgeous pro-photographer-wallpaper-like quality. Just casually snapped this with my HTC.



Best part of it all?

I slept under the stars.

Not even in a tent, but literally under the night sky. Moon, stars, and all.

Great experience. Will go again next year.

No comments: