Monday 1 November 2010

Microsoft Arc =)

As you know, Microsoft eventually kind of grabbed the gold ring out of Apple's hands, I guess.
-Andy Hertzfel-

After newly establishing my "no-spending-unnecessarily" policy, one week into practice, I'd broken it.

I thought being thrifty and keeping track of where your money goes to was supposed to be easy, a natural talent like eating and breathing. As it turns out, it was harder than I thought.

Screw it, it's just way too stressful, what with having to put unnecessary restrictions on my own spending habits and keeping track of my expenditure (gosh, I'm worse than my own mum). Not being able to treat myself to nice stuffs when I'm stressed out makes things worse.

So anyways, I and bought Maple a-cash cards, and these:
Mametchi
Ringotchi! (ringo is apple in Japanese =) )
Tama figurines!

I know I just bought my last one not too long ago, but I guess it's a sort of addiction, you know?

I had only two more figurines to collect before being eligible to claim my "special item"!!!

So much for "I will not fall for Bandai"s tricks and get tricked into spending more unnecessary money on tama accesories!"

=.=

***

Lappie keyboard went insane few days ago; wouldn't respond to my typing, regardless of how hard I hit it. (yep, I'm one of those tech geeks who physically torture their electronics when things don't go their way).

Hence, went keyboard shopping. Was hunting for cheap flexible keyboard (another one of my crazy budget ideas) when stopped in mid-tracks by this really, really, really cute and gorgeous wireless keyboard - Microsoft Arc:

BEAUTIFUL BABY!


I really was considering dumping the cheap flexible keyboard idea and getting this beautiful hot thang instead when I flipped the box and...

HOLYMOTHEROFCOWS $89.90!!!

Okay, I know it wasn't that expensive, but still. My budget was below $20. So anyways, I decided to be a good girl and not buy the expensive one, and finally settled on a cheap, flexible keyboard which cost only $16.

Which didn't type well.

Half the keys I pressed on the flexible keyboard didn't register on my screen, coz well, it's too soft.

Only then did I realize I had been too hasty in deciding which keyboard to buy, as I Googled and found that cons of a flexible keyboard outweighs its pros. Biggest one being, 60% of the keys you press don't register on screen.

After 2 days of frustration, I thought, what the heck, I'll just go get the $89 one. The Microsoft Arc.

So that's my story of how I came to own a Microsoft Arc wireless keyboard (which, mind you, would have cost me only $89 if I hadn't been dumb enough to buy the cheap flexible keyboard in the first place, totaling my expenditure on a keyboard to $115).

Another lesson learned: If you wanna buy something expensive (the quality kind of expensive, not the crazy kind), go for it. If you buy the cheaper version, you'll regret and end up spending more money buying the expensive one later on anyway.

At least it applies to my shopping experience.

So anyways, I'm too lazy to snap pics of it (not when you get prettier pics of the keyboard just by Googling), so here's one I got from the net:
Notice that it's just about 12 inches long. Very cute =)
The funny thing about it is that it's arrow keys (up, down, left, right) are all merged into one single button. Kinda annoying when you wanna play games like Maple Story or worse, AuditionSEA.

But whatev. I love my new baby.

Here's a video of the unboxing, as a bonus (not me unboxing mine, I meant a video ripped from Youtube):

No comments: