Monday 20 December 2010

unveil the surprise.

Anybody still buying the "December 21st 2012 is the end of time" thing? No? Oh.
-Terry Mun-

First, an intro:


Before I unveil the surprise.

Last weekend was...

Eventful.

Okay before last weekend.

Took Tuesday and Wednesday off work to go shopping with family who came to visit.

Bought couple of stuffs.

Cute shoes. Shorts + two cute skirts. Sweater and blouse from Esprit. Shall not upload photos here, coz they're just common items (plus, too lazy to snap pictures) except for the shoes coz they were really cute:


Just held it up to Photo Booth and snapped. For convenience sake.

Cute, right??? Only $39. =)

Wore them to work, even my boss noticed and commented. *grins*

Finally, some decent shoes I can wear to lab without having to lace/velcro/wear socks. 

Yes, I'm that lazy.

Now, to last weekend. 

Lazy to type, here are pics:





Cousin and I wearing cute santa hat clip ons. Bought them at $5 each for charity.
Camwhoring.



Crazy man doing funny dance moves.


Silver man + his wife??




As a token of thanks, I received a $30 voucher from Exxon. Decided to spend them on this REALLY CUTE IRRESISTIBLE collectible limited edition Domokun figurine:

OMFG SO CUTE.

It was freaking FORTY. SINGAPORE. DOLLARS. I would never have bought it, if not for the free $30 voucher from Exxon. It's now sitting in my room, in it's unopened box. Shall leave it that way. No way I'm gonna let my precious lil Domo out of the box to sit outside exposed to dust and susceptible to falls.

At around 3 p.m., received an SMS from Reebonz about this crazy sale. At around 10 p.m., I rushed from Orchard Road to F1 Pit Building. For those of you who don't know where that is, the F1 Pit Building is just nearby the Singapore Flyer.

Hence, the introduction photo at the beginning of this blog post.

i.e., this:
Added the photo here again for suspense. =)
Inside the bag was...

TADAHHH!!
Surprise unveiled.
My very first designer bag!!!

Can you believe it, in my 20 years of life, I have never ever ever once in my life owned a designer bag.

There was this dark period in my life when I thought bags from Roxy and MNG counted as designer bags. This period lasted waaay longer than I am proud of.

But what the heck. It's all over, my head is cleared, and I have my very own bag!!! One that I bought using my hard earned money, at that.

For those of you who are curious about the price, let me first say this:

I am not. NOT. In anyway showing off or flaunting my financial status by announcing the extravagant amount of money I spent on *just a bag*. I understand that I am not rich, and I am merely sharing my happiness of owning a designer bag with you readers.

However, I can't help it if you are bitter with envy coz I own a designer bag (which I worked very hard to save some money for) and you don't, and hence cover that envy by bringing me down by saying I am a show off.

So.

The retail price was $550, but it was sold for $399 at the sale. A further reduction of 10% was incurred during the last 30 minutes of the sale (it was closing at 11p.m., and I bought that bag at 10.30 p.m.) so I only paid $359 for it.


*beams proudly*


Thanks to my daddy for buying the Canon G12 for me!!!!



Sorry for the blur image. Not that my photography skills suck, but the mirror was awfully dirty and stained. 


No comments: